I used to blog before blogs were even a thing and I have to say it's been roughly 15 years since I last wrote a "personal" post. So, apologies in advance for any rustiness as I attempt to start a blog on this site. My intention is to add more of a human element to the person that has taken these photos. Photography to me has always been about escape and I'm most comfortable behind the camera, leaving the photos to speak for themselves.
Going forward, I'm going to use this space to talk about photography, my techniques, travel, and any tips and tricks I think could be helpful.
Before those posts are made, I'd like to give you a little information about me in a nice little bullet list:
- I was born in England but grew up in Nashville, TN. In 1999 I moved to San Francisco to join the dot com circus, only to ride the tail end until the bubble burst. It was quite an experience.
- In 2010 I moved to New York City.
- Many of you may know me from my Radiohead website, Green Plastic, which I started in 1997. It's still around but not really updated anymore. It got me to a lot of places and opened many doors. I also designed and developed early versions of the Sigur Ros official site.
- I work in advertising full-time as an Executive Producer.
- I also am available for hire to take photos.
- I mainly focus on landscape and travel photography, though due to being in NYC, street photography is also something I explore.
- I am married and have a 1 year old son. They, along with our dog, provide me with the inspiration and fuel to take photos.
Finally, I just wanted to thank anyone who has ever liked one of my photos, left a comment, or sent me a message. I love to hear from you and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or just want to say hi.